Monday, February 04, 2013

Do you like how awesome I've been posting to this blog in the new year? So far, this is a resolution fail.

I made blogging my goal for a few reasons. First of all, writing is good therapy, second only to running. The best therapy would be an actual therapist but I can't afford that.

Second, I wanted to sharpen my skills. The more you practice the better you get, right?

Third, I wanted to present a more well-rounded picture of my insanity, er, personality.

It seems like I only take to my blog to work out my angst (totally appropriate) but then it appears that all I have is angst (mostly true).


There is so much more going on inside my head, people. And it is important, relevant, academically lofty stuff. Things that are only tangentially related to my pervasive anxiety... like HOW will Downton Abbey deal with the departure of Dan Stevens as Matthew Crawley? I'm a totally appropriate and mentally healthy amount of worried about this and I'd like to talk about it. (Drool worthy image and heart-crushing story here.)

And I've got lots of other things to discuss with you like the ending of 30 Rock, my stalkerish love for Tina Fey (totally appropriate), and the ways in which the personas of Tracy Morgan and Tracy Jordan are blurred for me in a more-than-slightly surreal way. Are they both just fictional characters? (Why does this matter?)

(How am I doing so far? Does this post make me seem less angsty?)

And in closing:

4 comments:

Papa said...

Glad you're back because I love reading your blog.

Stacy said...

I agree! Love it!

RufflesAndFringe said...

I love reading your blog and I love that shirt.

Patti said...

I would like to buy that shirt but it would give me anxiety anticipating that judged feeling.

Keep writing.